Monday, May 24, 2010

When I Grow Up...

Here's a little secret...I wish I could be a party planner.

Before I had my kids, I loved planing parties. I never made any money off of them, in fact, I probably went into debt for most of them. I was the one that always volunteered to host the events. I just love creating a theme, finding or creating the perfect favor, organizing, selecting a menu, and finally watching everyone enjoy themselves.

I started with small birthday gatherings and then New Year's Eve parties. I then moved on to my favorite, bridal showers, which have only been for family members thus far. This I hold dear to my heart because of a very special promise I made with a loved one many years ago. Then came the babies & their showers.

I wish I had the business knowledge to turn this little hobby into something that could contribute financially to my family. I wish I had the time to devote to actually developing this idea and going with it. I secretly wish the wedding coordinator at the church would resign & I could have her job.

I have come to realize this is for another time in my life. The time now is to focus on my kids and devote my time & attention to them. I can, however, throw them the best parties of all!

So, when I grow up I can become a party planner!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I LOVE throwing parties, but need some creative help. Are you available on Hazel's bday? 7.8.10?

    ReplyDelete